Sunday, March 25, 2007

Happy Birthday to Bryan!

Happy birthday, Brother Bryan! In honor of this blessed day, I decided to tell everyone about a special memory I have with Bryan. I'm pretty sure you all have heard it, but it's a funny one. I thought of it today when I was telling myself at church to remember to call Bryan.

We still lived in Mt. View at the time, so I'm guessing that Bryan was 9 or 10. That would make me 7 or 8. As Bryan will remember, he and I used to do TV shows and record them on cassette tapes. We had commercials and everything. We were in the middle of one of the shows, I think, and Bryan started in on a commercial. He started singing, "There was one time I went to the movies. I saw girl there who had big...." Mom was walking down the hall and heard the song. She yelled in, "Hey!" Bryan then explained that he was going to rhyme movies with , "Goobies". Mom pointed out that the candy found at the theaters is called 'Goobers', not 'Goobies'. Needless to say, I don't think Goobies was in the original plan.

Any more funny memories? We don't get to have our birthday meal where we pull out the memories, so we'll have to fill Chelsey in via blog. I love you, Bryan!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have made about 3 comments. I am going to try one more time and see if I can get it to work, then I will retell my stories.

Anonymous said...

This is mom. One of the stories I tried earlier, was when Bryan was getting chased home from the bus stop in Mountain View by some older boys. I kept asking Bryan why they would do that, and he of course was innocent of all malice. I met the bus, and witnessed Bryan mouthing off to the older boys, telling them how dumb they were. They proceeded to chase him, until I picked him up. When I told him, that you didn't mouth off to the older kids, he uttered his now famous "Well, what do ya want me to do?"..

Love ya, Bry, I got a million of em!!!!

Chelsey said...

Keep the stories coming. It seems like Bryan has a lot of good material, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Unfortunately, my family doesn't maintain a blog, so none of you get to hear how angelic I've been since birth. But if you'd like details, let me know, and I'd be happy to expound.

Can't wait to meet you all -- and hear more stories!

Anonymous said...

This is Mom--
You have forgotten, Chelsey, I have met your MOM!!!!!!!

More stories to come. We are excited to see you in May!!!!

Pappy O' Daniel said...

What's that story about Bryan and Maggie (About 5 or 6 years old) were being chased by a Dog. Bryan caught the Dog's attention and told Maggie to Run. (What a Guy)
I forgot the details somebody needs to fill them in.