Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"Why do some people speak Portuguese?"


Lucy is starting the stage where she asks questions I don't know how to answer. We have 3 neighbors that all speak different languages to their kids. Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish. Today Lucy asked me why some people speak Portuguese. I didn't quite know how to answer. About a week ago she ask my Korean neighbor why her face is so flat. That was more than a little embarassing. Here's a few more of Lucy's one liners:


"Why are some houses white and some houses brown?" Why can't they be all colors?"


"Does everything grow, Mom?"


"Why don't we have stairs like Bobby's house?" (After I tried to explain, she said, "Well, that's annoying!"


"I can put on my own sunscream!"


"Graham's the best baby EVER!"


"I'm stepping on lots of crumbs!" (When she was walking without shoes on the sidewalk)


"Graham! You need to play over ZHERE!" (She says Z's for her TH's)


She's a funny one. She's been crackin' us up a lot lately!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the question phase. We can't wait to see you all again!

MOM

Pappy O' Daniel said...

Why do some Mom's ask, "Why does my kid ask so many Questions?"