Saturday, June 14, 2008

Shear Madness...

For the last few weeks, it has been really hot and humid in DC. This last week was particularly steamy. When the weather gets this way, my mane becomes a little difficult to tame. After blow drying, straightening with a flat iron, and applying a substantial amount of product, my hair usually looks pretty smooth. However, the heat and humidity can undo all of that in about 5 minutes.

So, after much deliberation, I decided it was time to lop off some of the locks. This is how my hair looked before...

As I sat in the chair at the salon, I could actually feel the clumps of hair hitting the chair's base -- that's how substantial they were. About six inches later, this is how I looked...


And from the front...
We'll see how this style holds up to the weather. I have high hopes. I had a little bit of separation anxiety -- that hair and I had been together for a long time. But I'm pleased with the result. And I passed the most important test: Bryan likes it too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I know it takes some work to tame it, but you have great hair! Very jealous, especially because I'm trying to grow mine out right now. It looks great!

We miss you guys!!

Mom said...

Your hair looks great!!!!

We are looking forward to Bryan coming and sad that you aren't!

Blaine said...

I know I am way behind on commenting, but great hair! I love it! Your hair is so nice and thick, I am very jealous - that is something I will never have!

Lindsay