Friday, November 30, 2007

Married with a kid...and proud of it!!



The other day was especially annoying in my sociology class. The topic was on marriage and families and pretty much every word that came out of the professors mouth was negative and anti-marriage. It was really annoying, she always talks about how people in Utah are stupid because they get married to young, to poor, and too dumb. So much of what she was saying that day was basically a direct attack on every decision I have made in the last few years. I realize that I was very young to get married, and VERY young to start having kids, but you know what...I'M STILL HAPPY I DID IT! And just because 50% of marriages end in divorce doesn't mean that nobody should get married, or that it doesn't work out for some of us! She was bugging me, I almost raised my hand and said something, but I was too chicken.

So I just wanted to let everyone who might read this know... I got married young, I had a kid within the first year, I'm poor, and I'm really happy!

1 comment:

Pappy O' Daniel said...

I love your attitude. Who wouldn't be happy with a wife like Lindsay and a little boy like George!