Thursday, February 07, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover

For the last week, my parents have been here visiting. They just left this morning. Because they're so great, they helped us decorate our apartment while they were here. They really did a lot of manual labor, and everything looks great. Beth and Jason can attest to how boring and bland our apartment was before. I had to share some of the pictures. And, of course, a big THANK YOU to Matt and Nancy, who gave me some Home Depot money for my birthday. We put it to good use. Also a big thank you to Bryan, who put together a lot of new furniture.

This is the kitchen. Bryan put together the sideboard. We don't have a lot of counter space, so these additions were great.


This, of course, is the boudoir. It's amazing what curtains and a few throw pillows can do.
This is the dining room. Ignore all the stuff on the table. That mirror is gigantic -- I love it.
This is the living room. Try to imagine it before -- basically nothing on the walls (which were white), no curtains... It turned out really great.
We had this weird corner where there was in indent in the wall. My mom had a great idea -- build shelves there. This is the result.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you chose! Especially the green....it looks really good! Is Bryan watching a Jazz game in that picture? He looks very intense.

Chelsey said...

He actually is watching a Jazz game. I know, big surprise...

Mom said...

Wow things look great!!! It makes me want to start some projects here....are your parents available?! We can't wait to see it in person in May when Bryan graduates.

Pappy O' Daniel said...

Lookin Sooo......Sassy!! I like it.

Vivian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Hey Chelsea, I left a comment on Bryans blog awhile ago to tell you hi and whats up new cuz! I am pretty excited to see you again at the next family gathering. If we ever have such a thing. Anyway love the apartment. The colors look great. Drop me a line sometime! Sorry about the deleted comment from my mom. I forgot and was still logged in under her name. I am sure you would have wondered what was going on! oops!